PD-33M – Lateral Pipe Bursting Machine
The new model PD-33M compact pipe bursting machine is designed to replace existing underground pipes from 2 to 6inches in diameter. Its non-slip cylinder-activated jaws prevent cable damage, while developing 60,000 pounds of pulling force. The PD-33M system offers a cost-effective alternative to open-cut excavation, which reduces your customer disruption and increases company profits. The process of pipe bursting replaces the existing pipe with a fused HDPE pipe, which eliminates all joints and allows you to burst through multiple 45 degree offsets. This system is modular and can be easily disassembled and reassembled for manhole and basement applications. With a new compact design and very small footprint of only 20" x 20", this unit can be used in the tightest of locations.
• Non-slip, cylinder-activated jaws
• Modular construction allowing access to almost any location (basements and manholes)
• Low pressure system operates from hydraulic power packs or backhoe (3,000psi)
• Compact design (footprint of 20" x 20") allows for operation in a very small pit
• Transported and stored on the valve cart
• Environmentally friendly; reduces social and environmental disruption
• 4" and 6" bursting heads with replaceable blades and built-in internal pipe grip (custom size burst heads available)
• Fast and productive with stroke rates up to 10 feet per minute
• 60 years of experience building trenchless equipment gives our customers the peace of mind they deserve
Unit Dimensions: 20"L X 20"W X 29"H
System Weight: 315 lb.
Max Force: 30 tons @ 3,000 psi
Stroke Speed: 1 fpm @ 2 gpm
Stroke Length: 12 inch
Pipe Size: 2" - 6"
Min/Max gpm: 10 - 20 gpm
Min/Max psi: 2,100 - 3,000 psi
Hydraulic Power Unit
Unit Dimensions: 40"L X 30"W X 36"H
System Weight: 430 lb. (wet)
Pump Flow: 20 gpm @ 3,300 rmp
Pressure: 3,000 PSI
Filtration System: 10 microns
This compact versatile bursting head has a built-in pipe grip system and is only 11" long. The blades in this head are removable and replaceable. This allows you to burst with one blade for cast iron pipe, 3 blades for plastic pipe or no blades for clay and concrete pipes.
Hydraulic Power Unit
Our hydraulic power pack is built with a 20 hp Honda engine. This unit also features a pressure compensating piston pump to ensure great efficiency and a long lifespan. These power packs can be set up as a wheeled system or a skid mount. The power pack generates 3,000 psi and 20 gpm.
Wire Rope and Wheeled Basket
The high strength .75" swaged wire rope can be purchased in any length. Our wheeled wire rope basket holds up to 400 feet of cable and is ideal for transport and storage of the burst cable.
We offer optional pipe extraction gates that allow for easy removal of the bursting head.